Summary of Dat Bike's policy:
- Customer can return the bike and get a 100% refund within 7 days if not satisfied.
- Nationwide on-site warranty in Vietnam.
- Maximum warranty period of 3 years (equivalent to 30,000km - depending on which condition is met first).
- Battery warranty includes the battery pack.
- Regular maintenance within the warranty period.
I. Warranty policy
Dat Bike provides this policy to ensure warranty and repair for products manufactured or supplied by Dat Bike under normal usage and maintenance conditions. This policy does not apply to issues that occur after the warranty period..
If there are any issues related to the application of the Warranty Policy, customers please contact Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels for answers and support.
1. Warranty Coverage:
Dat Bike commits to free repairs for defects in materials due to manufacturing errors, replacement of parts, or software updates to address software-related malfunctions through Dat Bike's authorized stores.
The parts used in the warranty and repair process are genuine components provided by Dat Bike.
The replaced old parts under this warranty condition become the property of Dat Bike. Dat Bike will make the final decision regarding repair or replacement.
The following parts are not covered by the warranty:
Naturally worn-out parts or parts that deteriorate over time (paint, brakes, tires, drivetrain, etc.).
Parts replaced or modified at stores that are not Dat Bike's authorized stores.
2. Warranty period
- The maximum warranty period is 3 years (equivalent to 30,000km - depending on which condition is met first).
- The warranty period is calculated from the date Dat Bike successfully delivers the bike to the customer. In the case of exchanging bikes according to Dat Bike's policy, the warranty period is calculated from the date of the first bike's successful delivery to the customer.
- Information and maintenance history of the bike are stored by Dat Bike's system and provided to the customer upon request. Dat Bike does not provide a physical warranty booklet.
3. Warranty scope
- The warranty is valid nationwide in Vietnam. In provinces or cities without authorized stores, Dat Bike will cover all transportation costs for on-site warranty service for customers.
- The warranty is only valid within Vietnam's territory. Dat Bike will exempt from warranty responsibility during the time the bike is transported and used outside the country and reactivate the warranty rights for the customer when the bike returns to Vietnam. It should be noted that the bike's warranty period will still be calculated throughout the time of exemption from warranty responsibility (if applicable).
4. Warranty Succession
During the warranty period, if the need to transfer vehicle ownership arises, the Customer needs to notify Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels. to confirm the transfer of warranty registration information. The new owner will inherit all remaining warranty conditions of the bike.
5. Warranty Claim
Within the warranty period, if there is a need to transfer ownership of the bike, the customer must notify Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels for specific instructions.
The repair and warranty period will last from 5 to 7 working days (excluding the time for transporting the bike from the customer to Dat Bike's service center and vice versa). In case the repair and warranty period needs to be extended, Dat Bike will proactively contact the customer to inform them.
For provinces and cities with Dat Bike's official stores, customers can directly bring their bikes to the nearest store for support.
For provinces and cities without Dat Bike's official stores, customers will send their bikes to the nearest store as instructed by Dat Bike. Dat Bike will cover all transportation costs.
Please check the information about Dat Bike's official stores here .
6. Cases not covered by warranty
Cases that do not satisfy the warranty conditions:
Damage or loss caused by the bike not being regularly maintained or not being properly maintained, not being maintained according to the instructions in the bike manual, and/or not being maintained by Dat Bike's official stores.
Damage caused by not following Dat Bike's instructions during operation, maintenance, and repair of the bike.
Damage caused by repairs or adjustments not made by technicians at Dat Bike's official stores.
Damage that results from repairs, adjustments, changes, or modifications to the original design (such as changing power, engine or battery structure, changing seat height, welding additional details, etc.) and not carried out by technicians at Dat Bike's official stores.
Damage occurring from using the bike for racing, extreme sports (flipping, mountain climbing), or using the bike for commercial purposes such as public transportation.
Damage related to the use of parts, or any oils, fluids, additives other than those recommended by Dat Bike's technical specifications.
Rust, paint discoloration, aging rubber, degraded oils and greases, natural battery depletion over time, and details listed in the periodic replacement parts category due to natural wear and tear such as oil, brake pads, tires, fluids, additives.
Phenomena of swelling, cracking, breaking, burning, exploding, or smoking of the battery due to reasons including but not limited to: parking in an environment with high temperature (above 60°C), using non-genuine chargers, charging together with other electrical consuming devices, unauthorized changes to the charger's structure compared to the original design by the manufacturer, or using electricity not according to the instructions.
Surface damage caused by factors such as cigarette burns, chemicals, animal droppings, salt, acid rain, animal bites, and similar factors.
Damage caused by not adhering to recall programs announced by Dat Bike.
Damage occurring within the warranty period but received by Dat Bike after the warranty has expired due to the user's delayed notification.
Damage caused by earthquakes, storms, floods, immersing the bike in water, accidents, fires, other natural disasters, or damage caused by external factors such as soil, sand, stones, sharp objects flying into the bike during operation.
Battery damage due to not following the instructions for storing the bike during periods of non-use.
Warranty will not apply to cleaning work, inspection items, adjustments requested by the customer that do not arise from bike malfunctions.
Cases of tampering, disassembling components, parts on the bike that lead to the loss of the original condition of the component, part that needs to be warranted.
Note: Damage occurring while moving in rainy, flooded conditions is still covered by the warranty if the following conditions are met:
For the Weaver series, Weaver 200, Weaver++: The bike operates underwater up to a depth of no more than 75cm and continuous operation underwater does not exceed 30 minutes.
For the Quantum series: The bike operates underwater up to a depth of no more than 60cm and continuous operation underwater does not exceed 30 minutes.
To the extent permitted by law, Dat Bike will exempt responsibility for time loss or expenses including but not limited to:
- Costs to rectify consequences caused by repairs and maintenance performed incorrectly at non-official Dat Bike service centers.
- Costs for replacing natural wear and tear items, degraded oils and greases.
- Costs for inspection, adjustment, and repair items not included in the periodic inspection checklist.
- Compensation costs for time loss, business losses, communication expenses, food, transportation, and other related expenses due to bike breakdown.
7. Battery warranty
- During the standard warranty period, Dat Bike will repair or replace the battery if any damage occurs. The final decision regarding whether to repair or replace within the warranty period is Dat Bike's decision.
- For cases of battery depletion, Dat Bike will only perform repairs or replacements if the level of battery depletion exceeds the natural level of battery depletion over time.
- Note: If the bike meets the warranty conditions (still within the warranty period and not falling under the cases in section 6) and the battery capacity is below 70%, the customer has the right to request a new battery.
8. Warranty for spare parts and accessories
- Dat Bike only supports the repair and replacement of original components of each produced bike model. Dat Bike does not support the exchange of components from this model to another model.
- Dat Bike applies the Warranty Policy to parts and accessories sold directly by Dat Bike's official stores when customers purchase them separately (not included when purchasing the bike), and accessories and parts when they experience a malfunction/damage and must be attached to Dat Bike's bike.
- The warranty period for parts and accessories purchased separately is 90 days from the date the customer receives the goods. In cases where customers purchase accessories directly at Dat Bike's official store, the time of receiving the goods will be based on the time of purchase. For all other cases, the time of receiving the goods will be based on the time the Delivery Unit updates the successful delivery.
- The warranty scope for parts and accessories purchased separately includes all technical defects from the manufacturer.
- In addition, all other information will be subject to Dat Bike's bike warranty policy.
9. Notes during use
Use genuine spare parts and components
To ensure maximum safety when using the bike, customers are encouraged to only use genuine parts provided by Dat Bike through official stores. Dat Bike provides replacement parts throughout the production period. However, even after the production period ends, Dat Bike will continue to provide replacement parts for a certain period of time.
Perform regular and complete maintenance
A well-maintained and fully serviced bike will ensure the safety of the user, economic efficiency, and peace of mind when riding.
Customers need to perform regular checks and maintenance according to the recommended cycle by Dat Bike to ensure warranty benefits. If not done correctly and adequately, the customer's rights will be forfeited. In addition, Dat Bike may refuse to repair any damage caused by lack of maintenance.
10. Customer Responsibilities and Obligations
Customers need to pay attention to the following responsibilities and obligations to ensure warranty benefits for themselves. In case customers do not fulfill these responsibilities and obligations, Dat Bike has the right to refuse to implement the Warranty Policy.
- Read and use the bike according to the User Manual provided to the customer when purchasing the bike, as well as posted on Dat Bike's official website.
- Use Dat Bike's genuine charger and battery.
- Carry out regular checks and maintenance for the bike according to the recommended cycle advised by Dat Bike in the User Manual (including self-maintenance at home and maintenance at Dat Bike's official service centers).
- Perform periodic replacements for worn-out parts, fluids, and lubricants according to the regulations and recommendations in the User Manual.
- When not using the bike for an extended period (more than 7 days), customers should follow the instructions for bike storage provided by Dat Bike.
II. Return and Exchange Policy
With the desire for customers to have a great experience with their bike, Dat Bike agrees that customers who have purchased a bike and are not satisfied can exchange or return the bike within 7 days from the date of successful delivery. In the event that the customer decides to return the bike, Dat Bike will refund 100% of the bike's value (excluding the deposit) and cover all transportation costs.
1. Conditions for returning or exchanging a bike
- The bike must be purchased directly from Dat Bike (at Dat Bike's official stores, through the website www.dat.bike, or through Dat Bike's official Facebook page).
- The total distance traveled (from the time the customer receives the bike) displayed on the odometer (ODO) should not exceed 100km at the time of returning the bike to the transport unit (Dat Bike will record the displayed km on the odometer when receiving the bike to ensure customer rights).
- The bike is in brand new condition, without any external damage or scratches.
- The bike has not been modified or had any parts replaced.
- The bike has not been registered with a license plate or is not in the process of registering a license plate with the state authorities.
- The bike has not been resold or ownership transferred to any individual or organization.
2. Procedure for returning or exchanging a bike
- In case there is a request to return the bike according to the Policy, the Customer needs to notify Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels within 07 (seven) days from the date of receipt.
- Within 3 days from receiving the return request notification from the customer, the transport company will come to inspect the condition of the bike and take back the bike along with the accessories and documents delivered with the bike earlier. If the customer is unable to return the bike and documents within 3 days, they should promptly inform Dat Bike for assistance.
- Once the return of the bike is completed, the customer can proceed to purchase another bike from Dat Bike. However, if there are grounds to believe that the customer is taking advantage of this policy, Dat Bike reserves the right to refuse to accept the request for returning or exchanging the bike for the next time.
- Note: If the customer participated in the "Trade-In, Trade-Up" program when purchasing the bike, the customer will receive back the used bike exchanged when purchasing a new one. The transportation costs and any other costs incurred during the return and exchange process will be borne by the customer and will be deducted directly from the amount that Dat Bike will refund.
3. Additional notes for returning or exchanging a bike
- In the case of payment through the payment gateway on the website, via POS machine at Dat Bike's stores, or installment payments through credit cards/financial companies, when there is a need to refund for returning the bike, the customer needs to reimburse Dat Bike for any related payment processing fees that Dat Bike has supported, including but not limited to: payment processing fees, installment conversion fees, and installment interest rates that Dat Bike has assisted the customer with.
- After receiving back these amounts in full, Dat Bike will proceed to refund the bike's money to the customer. Information about the method and timing of the refund will be communicated to the customer by Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels when there is a return-related case.
- Additionally, if the decision to return the bike leads to an early settlement of the installment contract, the customer needs to fulfill the obligations related to the installment purchase agreement that have been agreed upon with the financial company or bank that issued the customer's credit card. Dat Bike will not be involved and will not be responsible for any matters related to the installment purchase agreement between the bank/financial company and the customer.
III. Periodic maintenance policy
1. Why is periodic maintenance required?
Regular and timely maintenance brings great benefits to vehicles and vehicle users:
- Prevent unnecessary damage early during operation and prolong vehicle life.
- Helps the vehicle ensure its performance after a long period of use and is not affected by worn parts.
- Helps users feel safe and comfortable when driving the vehicle.
- Save costs for unexpected severe damage.
- Ensures the vehicle's warranty validity and is also the basis for determining quality if the Customer needs to buy/sell a vehicle with others.
2. Periodic maintenance costs
The cost of periodic maintenance will depend on the wear and tear of the components on the bike and the time when the maintenance request is made by the customer.
- Within the warranty period, following Dat Bike's periodic maintenance schedule: The cost of transportation and repair of damages arising from Manufacturer's defects will be supported by Dat Bike in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty policy. The cost of replacing and repairing natural wear and tear or damage during use will be borne by the customer.
- Within the warranty period, outside Dat Bike's periodic maintenance schedule (arising from customer requests): Dat Bike advises, the customer selects the items to be maintained and pays for all those items, along with the cost of transporting the bike from the customer to Dat Bike's service center and vice versa (if applicable).
- Outside the warranty period: Dat Bike advises, the customer selects the items to be maintained and pays for all those items, along with the cost of transporting the bike from the customer to Dat Bike's service center and vice versa (if applicable).
3. Receive periodic maintenance
- When it comes time for periodic maintenance or if there is a need for maintenance, the customer should contact Dat Bike through one of the official customer service channels for specific guidance.
- For provinces and cities with Dat Bike's official stores, customers can directly bring their bikes to the nearest store to receive maintenance.
- For provinces and cities without Dat Bike's official stores, customers should send their bikes to the nearest store following Dat Bike's instructions to receive maintenance. All transportation costs will be borne by Dat Bike.
If you need more information or need support, please click the "Consult now" button below and leave your information for Dat Bike to contact you, or contact via the official channels Facebook Fanpage, Zalo and Toll-free hotline 1800 234549.